Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW CW 2014 TO7A.

To: Tom Haavisto <kamham69@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW CW 2014 TO7A.
From: Stan Stockton <wa5rtg@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 8 May 2015 18:30:02 -0500
I preface this by saying that I don't know whether there is objective and
absolute proof that TO7A cheated or not.  It doesn't sound like it, my "belief
or feeling" is that there was not and if, and only if not, then this...

You know it really doesn't matter what Tom, Dick, Harry, Steve, Rich, Stan or
Randy and four others "believe".  If determinations are made by the contest
committee to disqualify an otherwise World #1 entry based on their feelings,
beliefs, speculation, guesswork, etc. we have a real problem.  He either used
assistance or not.  The contest committee either has solid, objective proof
that he used assistance or they don't.

Looking at a log to say for sure whether an operator was using assistance is
absurd. Saying that someone moved 15 or 50 kHz between two S&P QSOs and both
were multipliers and therefore he was assisted is absurd.  Accusing someone of
cheating and throwing out their log without solid proof is not right.

Early in the contest almost every pileup is a new mult.  Late in the contest
many of the extremely large pileups are new multipliers.  If you were in the
Carribean, ran Europe for a couple hours on a new band and then used a pan
adapter and a directive antenna at USA to jump on every high signal strength
pileup you see...guess what?  They will likely be zone 8,9,10,11,12,13 and you
probably haven't worked any of them.

Even without a pan adapter do you know just how much stronger a pileup is
coming from the USA to the Carribean than it is if everyone's antenna is
pointed 90 degrees farther north and how easy it is to pick those pileups out?

I looked at my log from the same contest, started questioning whether I used
assistance based on everything I've read here (and I did not use assistance)
and wondering if I had been good enough to add a few thousand contacts and win
whether it would have been questioned.

The only question in my mind has nothing to do with whether Dim cheated or not.
 It has to do with what criteria is used to determine who cheated and who did
not.  If it is not objective, I don't like it.

73... Stan, K5GO

Sent from my iPad