Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW CW 2014 TO7A

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW CW 2014 TO7A
From: "Mike Smith VE9AA" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Fri, 8 May 2015 20:37:09 -0300
Hi Olli and everyone,

Although I don't do SO2R (yet!) I do the same thing.  When things are slow,
I'll run up the band filling my band map with mults.  Loud ones I'll call,
and weak ones or ones with big pileups I may only make record of their call
and move on.  When rate drops on my run QRG, I'll race through the stored
calls in my bandmap and hope to get my run QRG back, or, at worst,
*(usually!) I find another run QRG.

I have no idea if that's what has happened here, but I am sure Randy and all
the rest of the experienced CQ adjudicators are familiar with that kind of
strategy already.

Perhaps there are things we will never know.  Perhaps it will all be shared.
I don't know.  Perhaps he was connected to a cluster on his cell phone,
Martinique IP addresses were tracked, ran an independent skimmer on-site,
someone on FM ratted him out when he bragged at the local bar on Monday, or
he used a buddies callsign to connect to VE7CC and got into an argument with
him and he outed him for all I know..(I am just spittballing and making all
this stuff up as possible |What-ifs", you understand not accusing or saying
he did anything!)  Obviously he has talent.  I don't think that's the issue,
but of course it makes it harder for people to hear that he on top of his FB
talent, he's be disqualified for cheating.

There are many scenarios that have not even been suggested here.  I doubt
the very experienced CQ folks only used one specific piece of evidence and
flipped a coin.

===================================

It takes long, we all know that, Rich! But how do you know when he *found*
them? How is the log telling you that? It only tells you when he *worked*
them! Might be he found them already 30 minutes earlier and put them into
the bandmap/mult window just to work them when time (i.e. rate on the 1st
radio, pileup situation on the mult, etc.) allows! Not saying you are wrong
but just thinking of all the things you can't see from the Cabrillo ...

73, Olli - DH8BQA

Mike VE9AA

Mike, Coreen & Corey

Keswick Ridge, NB