Re: [CQ-Contest] June VHF contest

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] June VHF contest
From: Gerry Treas K8GT <k8gt@mi.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 13:12:05 -0400
Right you are George.

I started on 6 in 2005 with a TenTec 5W transverter to a G5RV and did well for that setup.

Then I built a 6M Moxon and put it at 20' and worked CT1FZE twice, once with 5W and once with 100 W in the VHF contest.

The link for my Moxon construction details at N2MH website:

http://www.moxonantennaproject.com/n2mh/n2mh.htm

It is made out of 3/4" aluminum angle stock and rotated with a Radio Shack type TV antenna rotator. It's been up for 7 years now, Easy to build, works well.

And I got VUCC on 6 two years ago.  Lots of fun.

73, Gerry, K8GT