Re: [CQ-Contest] Re. TO7A Debacle

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Re. TO7A Debacle
From: Herbert Schoenbohm <herbs@vitelcom.net>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2015 12:52:26 -0400
There are others in the record book essentially in perpetuity. The fact that CQ Contesting still posts some of the biggest malefactors, i.e. the low band QRP world records of an infamous station in KP4, just prevents others from even giving such an impossible score a legitimate challenge. These were certainty challenged and with the adequate proof of the fact that the were the result of cheating. But since CQ let this matter just slide and didn't properly DQ, it stands as a detriment to radio contesting for those who follow the rules and as an encouragement to those who don't .

Looking ahead, either we slay this beast of contesting as we know it will fad into obscurity or remain the topic of jokes for contesters to laugh about telling stories at Dayton while they are consuming adult beverages.

Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ