Re: [CQ-Contest] Re. TO7A Debacle

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Re. TO7A Debacle
From: W0MU <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Sat, 16 May 2015 09:13:01 -0600
We don't really know what the committee found in his log. Maybe they were giving him a warning shot across the bow or maybe they didn't find all the padded fictitious contacts.

If it were me, I would require a written public apology at the very least which would include all cases where he cheated.

Based on the above apology and the subsequent research to see if he was honest and complete in that apology, I would suspend him for a period of no less than 3 years from any CQ contest.

This should be a message to all that cheat that there will be serious consequences for doing so.

There are plenty of people claiming assistance and claiming unassisted and not getting caught. There are plenty of people using more power than the class allows and are not getting caught.

Obviously the most scrutiny will be giving to the top 10 or 20 in each class.

I have a hard time forgiving Dim when he publicly posted to this forum and essentially pleaded innocence. My friend you had an opportunity to come clean and if you did many would have given you a 2nd chance. Now you have turned the spotlight on every single contest submission you have ever been involved.

It is a shame that a operator with so much talent still felt the need to cheat.

In the end you are really only cheating yourself. You are only as good as your word. If you are cheating, fudging, pushing the rules, just stop. The prize is a plaque or a piece of paper. The penalty is losing face, losing friends and never ever being trusted to operate in a contest again. Is it really worth it?