[CQ-Contest] W8T - National Trails Day special Event Station, May 30, 16

To: cq-contesting <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] W8T - National Trails Day special Event Station, May 30, 1600Z to 2000Z
From: Hank Greeb <n8xx@arrl.org>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2015 22:28:12 -0400
Not precisely a contest announcement, but we WILL be participating, to the extent possible, in the CQWPX CW contest!

Please be advised that on Saturday, May, 30, between 1600Z and 2000Z, 4 or more hams from the Greater Grand Rapids, Michigan will activate W8T as part of the Michigan Chapter, North Country Trails Association's National Trails Day Celebration.

We will have two or three HF stations on various bands and modes - primarily on CW and SSB. We will self spot on QRPSpots.com and on the regular DX clusters, such as dxwatch.com. Also, look for CW spots on the Reversebeacon.net, specifically by putting
http://reversebeacon.net/dxsd1/dxsd1.php?f=0&c=w8t&t=dx
in your browser.
IF the above long url gets truncated in transmission, try this itty bitty url:
http://goo.gl/BMwd0y

We hope there will be many members of the public attending the celebration, guided walks along the trail, etc., who are interested in finding out about ham radio. So, if you think about it, please look for us on the bands, and give us a shout.

We will have a special QSL available for those interested. See the W8T QRZ page for details. Also, shortly after I'll put all the QSO info into the Logbook of the World. If I ever figure out e-QSL, I'll put the info there, also.

Hope to see as many Ops as possible on Saturday.

72/73 de n8xx Hg
QRP >99.44% of the time