Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW Proposed Rules

To: <w2lc@twcny.rr.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW Proposed Rules
From: "Randy Thompson K5ZD" <k5zd@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 31 May 2015 14:57:34 -0000
No reason to be dramatic about contest rules Scott.

We are asking for actual frequencies from the top logs.  This helps us with
the log checking.  With 99.4% of all logs being submitted electronically,
and more than 75% showing frequencies, we don't feel this is a big hurdle.
Especially for the top scorers.  If someone has a problem with recording
frequencies, they are always able to contact the contest director and
request an exemption.

Recording is only for the top scoring single op entries. We aren't asking
anyone to submit the recording files unless we ask for them.  This means
there are likely to be <5 entries per year where this will apply.

The 5 day log deadline has been in place for 3 years now.  See
http://cqww.com/blog/when-do-logs-come-in/  We have over 85% of the logs
received by the deadline.

No one is disqualified for not following any of the new rules.  Your log may
be listed as late or reclassified, but you don't start the contest already
disqualified.  This is supposed to be fun.  :)

Randy, K5ZD