Re: [CQ-Contest] WRTC 2018 qualifications

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WRTC 2018 qualifications
From: "Michael Hoeding, DL6MHW" <dl6mhw@wrtc2018.de>
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2015 06:53:53 +0200
Hello,

(first I have to excuse me for the late reply. There were some very busy weeks days after dayton. CQ-Contest is full of discussion.)

Please remember. We had a very short time for the preparation of the qualification rules. Our initial plan was to apply for WRTC 2022 but we changed this plan to make WRCT2018 possible. Perhaps a longer discussion would have produce better qualification rules but than there would be no WRTC 2018 or a qualification with a much shorter qualification period.

However as Ken, KE3X, wrote :
Qualifying is already underway.   Changing those rules now is not fair to
anyone who seriously entered the first four events and picked their entry
category based on current rules.
Change the rules during a contest is generally not possible.

The WRTC Sanctioning Committee delegates the QR to the organizer. We have seen many arguments for a number of details and many well founded ideas for better rules. Unfortunately we could not distill a common and clear position. E.g. the qualification time: On group is happy about the shorter qualification period - the other strongly ask for a longer time.

To bring it to a good end for WRTC2022 it would be helpful, if someone can collect experts in a independent group, to discuss WRTC qualification in general to support the organizer for 2022 with a empirical base.

For now we are very busy to bring WRTC2018 on the road. There are still some hundred of open tasks. E.g. we did not finish fund-raising yet, still need some USD or EUR. So please have a look to:
  http://wrtc2018.de/index.php/en/sponsoren-2/how-to-contribute
and make your first small donation for 2015.

73 de Michael, DL6MHW

--

Michael Höding, DL6MHW
Vice-President, Fundraising