Re: [CQ-Contest] NAQCC Sprint TUESDAY Night

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] NAQCC Sprint TUESDAY Night
From: Tim Shoppa <tshoppa@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2015 13:39:27 -0400
K9YC writes:
> I'd like to participate, but I don't see a listing for N1MM for this
event.

I occasionally participate and yes, the odd log submission format (very
definitely non-Cabrillo) makes it hard to use any conventional contesting
logger and get it to prepare a format suitable for submission.

I usually use N1MM for the NAQCC events, and once I wrote a Perl script
that massaged a Cabrillo into what I thought was acceptable NAQCC form but
somehow I didn't get it quite right. Other times I just manually retype my
log into the NAQCC format.

Usually when I do get on for NAQCC events, it's because I have a hankering
for straight key stuff.

My favorite NAQCC event by far, is the 160M QRP event each January. That's
a blast. At least once I got my log into semi-acceptable format for
submission - other times I participate on-air but do not send in a log.

Tim N3QE