Re: [CQ-Contest] Logging question

To: Shelby Summerville <k4ww@twc.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Logging question
From: Kelly Taylor <ve4xt@mymts.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2015 23:14:34 -0500
Hi Shelby,

Whatchyagonnado?

This isn’t really a problem, is it? You worked the guy and he appears to have a
credible reason for asking.

If it was four years ago, no contest results will be affected. Is there a
feeling that a contest’s ban on non-amateur communications exists forever, or
does it expire once the results are set and can’t be changed?

The issue from an awards-program standpoint would be if he was trying to trick
you into manufacturing a Q that didn’t exist, but since you’re not in a
super-rare state (WAS), country (DXCC) or zone (WAZ), that seems unlikely, no?
Maybe it’s your county that’s rare, I don’t know. In any event, you say the Q
does indeed exist.

Maybe he only wants a QSL for the sake of a QSL.

This seems pretty innocent to me.

73, kelly
ve4xt