Re: [CQ-Contest] Logging question

To: "'Eric Rosenberg'" <ericrosenberg.dc@gmail.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Logging question
From: "Peter Dougherty \(W2IRT\)" <contesting@w2irt.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2015 10:25:49 -0400
I, too, am a sorter with the 2nd district incoming bureau. I sort the letter
"O" and there's one world-class DXpedition QSLer I sort many pounds of cards
per month for, in addition to about 30 or so regular subscribers and about
275 active "O" accounts. I see cards from everywhere, not just JA. I'll see
cards from every European nation that has a bureau, VE bureaus, VK, ZL,
south America and so on. No, there aren't a whole lot of super rare entities
that QSL via the bureau but I've seen a lot of goodies come through too. And
for most top-25 DXpeditions the opportunity to QSL via the bureau using OQRS
is certainly there.

I need more Italian, German, French or Croatian cards like I need another
hole in the head, but that would never prevent me from replying to a QSL
request via whatever means I received it. I prefer LoTW and will go direct
when needed but the bureau is a great system for those with an abundance of
patience and a shortage of money.

GO FRC!
Peter, W2IRT

www.facebook.com/W2IRT