Re: [CQ-Contest] LoTW applications

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] LoTW applications
From: Ron Notarius W3WN <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2015 09:42:32 -0500 (CDT)
Hey guys?

A humble suggestion, if I may?

Rather than point fingers at each other over how "simple" LotW registration is
or isn't...

Why not a practical suggestion or three, that can be forwarded to the
appropriate people in Newington, to streamline or simplify (the number of steps
involved) the registration process for Amateurs outside of North America?

Many things have changed online since LotW and these policies were first
implemented -- most for the good, a few not.  So maybe something now exists, at
least for SOME of our non-NA operators, that didn't exist then.  So why not
take advantage of the improvements and upgrades, where they exist?  (And I
would not presume that the folks in Newington are aware of every improvement.
They don't always get notified, sometimes because it's presumed that they
automatically do.)

73, ron w3wn