Re: Topband: The first indicators that Solar Cycle 25 may be similar in

To: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: The first indicators that Solar Cycle 25 may be similar in amplitude to Cycle 24
From: Guy Olinger K2AV <k2av.guy@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2015 21:46:48 -0400
Not really a problem for 160.

Solar minimum is a solar minimum is a solar minimum. In the last solar
minimum a certain well known multi-multi in one of the major CW DX
tests did a single weekend five band DXCC 160 through 15 meters. I think
that's the only time that's ever been done. Great ops great antennas great
equipment all in place before and since. Seemingly, super great conditions,
maybe once in a lifetime, also have to be in place for such an
accomplishment.

I'm getting ready for what might be a remarkable string of 160 seasons.

73, Guy K2AV

On Tuesday, September 8, 2015, Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com> wrote:

> That's not so good news for 160, eh?
>
> 73, Mike
> www.w0btu.com
>
> On Tue, Sep 8, 2015 at 1:41 PM, <donovanf@starpower.net <javascript:;>>
> wrote:
>
> > ... some solar scientists feared that Solar Cycle 25 might achieve a much
> > lower amplitude than Cycle 24. Those fears might now be put to rest.

Sent via Gmail Mobile on my iPhone