Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote op & Who is this guy, really?

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote op & Who is this guy, really?
From: "Ed Sawyer" <sawyered@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2015 17:27:51 -0500
It sounds so easy doesn't it?  Drop a remote HF station on a remote island
like Bouvet and suddenly its on all the time?  Really?

First you have to get there, then you need to set it up, then you need
constant power and a constant internet connection.  If you solve all that,
you also need to maintain it.

While it may be different than our history of DXing, it hardly sounds like
cheating or easy.  If it was that easy, it would be everywhere by now.ask
yourself why its not.

I think it will be a nice development of the future for some of these things
to appear.  It sounds way more rational to me than accepting that it now
takes $500,000 to activate an island.

73

Ed  N1UR