[CQ-Contest] Contesting via remotes...

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Contesting via remotes...
From: Lloyd Cabral <kh6lc@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2015 12:09:10 -1000
We have to remember that remote HF stations have been around in one form
or another for quite a long time.    Early on the control, keying and audio was
accomplished via the twisted pair.      Later, VHF and UHF links became common.
In recent years remote hf stations have become so commonplace that we all work
many them in every contest whether we realize it or not.       I'm sure many of
us
know stations that operate contests via remote on a regular basis.     As long
as
the callsign used is appropriate for the transmitter/antenna location, there's
no
legal or ethical requirement that they raise a flag and announce to the world
that
they're operating via a remote.    It's all entirely legal whether we like it
or not.
Until some contest sponsor decides they have a problem with remotes, lets turn
on our radios, work as many stations as we can (or care to) and continue to
enjoy
this wonderful hobby, just like we always have.    Yes, the technology has
changed.
Life goes on.     Try to be happy about it.
73,  Lloyd  KH6LC