Re: [CQ-Contest] Why some Caribbean Islands compete as South America at

To: Fernando PY2LED <py2led@fuertesind.com.br>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Why some Caribbean Islands compete as South America at CQWW and other contests
From: "Martin , LU5DX" <lu5dx@lucg.com.ar>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2015 16:01:42 -0300
Fernando,
The only way out to what you describe is a distance-based scoring system.
Regional scoring systems will not resolver the issue.
The only way for a big portion of entrants to have chances of winning a
plaque is if points awarded were proportional to he effort that it takes to
complete a QSO.
Furthermore, that analysis can be improved wih the help of RBN statistical
data.
You talk about CQ WW DX and CQ WPX, though I think the current contest
directors are open minded and willing to make these two events even better
for everyone, the change would be so drastic, that it would require quite
some time to even consider it.

73,

Martín LU5DX