Re: [CQ-Contest] RFI FROM A FRIDGE

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] RFI FROM A FRIDGE
From: Tony Brock-Fisher via CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 15:21:26 -0500
Most modern appliances now use switching power supplies to control motor speed,
giving more flexibility than the old on/off schemes. I have a heat pump, a
microwave oven, and a dishwasher that all have switchers. They are a certain
nuisance.

And yes, I have a new Fridgidaire refrigerator which makes a lot of hash from
its in-door display. Fortunately it is not getting into my antennas. Unlike the
dishwasher, which until I installed a common mode choke AND a line filter, made
a noise like, get this, dripping water on all HF bands!

BPL won't kill Ham Radio. Switchers everywhere will.

Tony, K1KP

Sent from my iPad