Re: [CQ-Contest] Is it time that the contest sponsors officially identif

To: "'W0MU'" <w0mu@w0mu.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Is it time that the contest sponsors officially identify SCP as "assisted?"
From: "Ken Widelitz" <widelitz@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2015 11:34:03 -0800
W0MU hit the nail on the head. The key is the difference between an "aid"
and "assistance."

IMHO, computers, keyers, voice keyers, contest loggers, SCP, code readers
and in house skimmers are all aids. No outside person is helping increase
your score in real time (yes, outsiders built the hardware and wrote the
software, but they are not in your shack helping you in real time) when you
use aids. (Yes, I know contest sponsor rules differ with my opinion. It is
their stadium, their football, and they make the rules and if you enter
their contest, you have to abide by their rules.)

You get assistance when using a spotting network.

73, Ken, K6LA / VY2TT