[CQ-Contest] Advice Sought for Wireless Headsets & Mics

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Advice Sought for Wireless Headsets & Mics
From: "Jamie Dupree NS3T" <ns3t@arrl.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2015 21:27:15 -0500
Jim is absolutely right – and it’s not just outdoors at a stadium where the
echo can cause problems - hearing the echo of your own voice when live on radio
or TV can be a disaster for many reporters and anchors.  If you ever see
someone on TV suddenly rip their earpiece (IFB) out of their ear while
reporting live, that’s probably what has happened.

In radio and TV news, the clean feed is referred to as a “mix minus.”

I would be very wary of introducing a delay of any kind into my headphones
audio feed for a contest.

I have done live segments on the air for 10-12 minutes with no mix minus – it
can be done, but it is very tiring.  Once you are off the air, you feel like
someone has been beating on your head with a ballpeen hammer.

73 Jamie NS3T