Re: [CQ-Contest] Claiming assistance when not actually assisted

To: Radio K0HB <kzerohb@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Claiming assistance when not actually assisted
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2015 10:48:48 -0700

You're basing your argument on essentially arbitrary terms ... I'm going by what it is that I actually do. If I operate unassisted I also meet each and every requirement of operating assisted. If I operate QRP I meet each and every requirement of operating LP and HP. If I operate CW I meet each and every requirement of operating mixed. I see no difference in any of those situations. At the very least I should be able to choose which category I want to enter from among those I qualify for, and in my opinion I don't see a good reason why I shouldn't be able to enter all of them.

To be honest, I don't see the point in entering LP if I operated QRP and some of my arguments here are more philosophical than anything else, but the rigidity of thought displayed here bothers me.

Dave   AB7E