Re: [CQ-Contest] Changing Category During SS?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Changing Category During SS?
From: Steve London <n2icarrl@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2015 07:06:57 -0700
On 12/06/2015 09:36 PM, Dave Edmonds wrote:
This question should have a definitive answer, unlike many of late....

I began working SS as "Q" then realized that wasn't working due to antenna
problems... The next day I changed my category to A...

If you changed your sent precedence during the contest, then this is very unfortunate. The precedence is part of the log checking. If the log checking software thinks you were Q, then those who (correctly) logged you as A the next day may get penalized.

However, the log checking software is pretty smart, and may decide your precedence is "unstable" and not penalize anyone.

The point is, even if you change the category you submit your log under, do NOT change the precedence you send during the contest.

No, you cannot work the same station twice in Sweepstakes, even if you change your category.

73,
Steve, N2IC
ARRL Phone Sweepstakes Author