[CQ-Contest] Category hopping, new angle

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Category hopping, new angle
From: Jeff Clarke <ku8e@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2015 13:24:32 -0500
Mats,

Zone 33 and 35 are nothing like zone 9. I haven't operated from either but the
numbers on 15/10 meters I see from stations who operate multi-op from there are
as good or better than the 3 big multi stations in zone 9 - P40L, PJ2T, PJ4A
and the P40W single op. We usually get killed on 160 and 80 in both QSO's and
multipliers.

It should be interesting to see what happens in the coming years as the
sunspots go down. We can usually still run both the US and EU on both 15/10
meters when the sunspots are low. Not sure if they will still be able to do
that from zones 21, 33 and 35.

Jeff