Re: [CQ-Contest] RELAY SWITCHING

To: Herbert Schoenbohm <herbs@vitelcom.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] RELAY SWITCHING
From: Gerry Hull <gerry@yccc.org>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2015 09:15:21 -0500
Herb et al,

Yes, these relay boards are so very cheap and they work.  There is a US
Seller on ebay, and even Amazon has them available.  The SainSmart ones
have an optional IP-based controller; for $44, you can get a 16-relay board
with IP control.   Heck, you can't even buy the relays that cheap.

The software I'm writing will use these types of boards to drive any of the
Ameritron switches.  It makes sense to add a plugin to support hardware for
decoding BCD or other analog inputs.  The N1MM UDP scheme is a
hardware-free scheme.

I'm also going to be able to control the new HamPlus switches.

For those thinking of Bluetooth or Zigbee:  As long as IP is involved,
adding these to the mix is pretty straightforward.  I prefer RJ45 POE:
 Easy and cheap.

73, Gerry W1VE