Re: [CQ-Contest] The Chosen

To: "'cq-contest@contesting.com'" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] The Chosen
From: Ernie Walls <vk3fm@Wallsy.com.au>
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2015 02:30:31 +0000
Hi Hans KH0B.

Very well put, my friend. It covers almost everything that I, personally, hate
about the 'contesting puritan' or, indeed, the 'operating puritan'.

I am not a contester, or even one of the great DX operators - I am one of those
who, inevitably, do something, somewhere, to someone, that upsets them, whether
they say anything or not. I do not mean to upset them - it's because I am just
an average sort of ham, who thinks that it is a sensational hobby, indeed
possibly the best hobby but, nonetheless, is never all that important in the
real scheme of things. I think you will know what I am trying to say.

I wish there was a list of those contesters who only want to experience the '
functionally perfect' contest QSO. A mate down here in VK3 has shown me how
these could be assembled in a  text file within MixW which, when I operated
MixW in any contest would enforce the program to ignore all those on that list
(much the same as if you try to work a dupe - MixW tells you 'no' do not do
it!) and they, and certainly I, would no doubt be much, much happier!

Of course, living in VK3 precludes me from even dreaming of a 476/hour rate for
96 hours straight, at about 45wpm from a straight key - much of the time I
struggle to work anyone, anywhere for another precious point, so I probably
really don't know what I am missing by not experiencing the 'functionally
perfect' contest QSO.

Sigh!

Ernie Walls VK3FM
Vk3fm@wallsy.com.au