Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW popularity from EUR Perspective: data

To: Joe <nss@mwt.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW popularity from EUR Perspective: data
From: Charles Harpole <hs0zcw@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2015 11:07:44 +0700
>From a SE ASIA perspective, "imagine the rush" from working FOUR mults
nearby, if anyone bothers to get on, and a couple hi power JAs.
OOOOOOOH  pins and needles.

0000Z is 7AM in my shack, just when dawn wipes out the JA run and leaves me
with a quiet lunch looking at the flat bandcope for five more hours.
OOOOH goosebumps.

These are NA/EU contests, in reality.  73, Charly

On Thu, Dec 24, 2015 at 5:06 AM, Joe <nss@mwt.net> wrote:

> or to help level things out at least the ten districts, then it's really
> close to Canada.
>
> Joe WB9SBD
> Sig
> The Original Rolling Ball Clock
> Idle Tyme
> Idle-Tyme.com
> http://www.idle-tyme.com
> On 12/23/2015 3:09 PM, KB8N via CQ-Contest wrote:
>
>> Amen.
>>   I had a two year assignment to Europe in the early 90s, where I held the
>> call DA1AM.  Let me tell you, the adrenalin rush from an  almost
>> inexhaustable number of multipliers on the low bands made the  contest
>> really
>> incredible.  Being that far north, you could sometimes get  some Auroral
>> effect going
>> on and pick up the continental mults on teh higher  bands as well.  In any
>> case, it provided a deep well of scoring  opportunities throughout the 48
>> hour period.
>>   I've always wondered why we didn't  include states as multipliers when
>> we
>> allow Canadian provinces to be counted.
>>   Paul K5AF
>>     In a message dated 12/23/2015 1:37:41 P.M. Central Standard Time,
>> jamesdavidcain@gmail.com writes:
>>
>>   >Remember, that there is an incentive for EU's to work each other on the
>>>
>>   low
>>
>>> bands...to a much greater degree than for USA types to work each  other
>>>
>> (one
>>
>>> zone and done).
>>>
>>> That's a PERFECT  example of the problem with current contest scoring

>>>   >>73, Jim K9YC
>>>
>>> Just imagine ... if the ARRL DX Contest  counted U.S. states and Canadian
>>> provinces as multipliers for U.S.  and Canadian participants. Even if the
>>> contacts counted only one  point, or even zero points.
>>>
>>>   K1TN

Charly, HS0ZCW