[CQ-Contest] CQWW survey results

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] CQWW survey results
From: "James Cain" <jamesdavidcain@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2015 16:04:15 -0000
Seems to me there are two rationales for any 24-hour category:

1) A way for Big Guns to have another category in which they can "win," and are
willing to spend the entire 48 hours "in" the contest, plotting their air times
and off times.

2) A way for operators with "second tier" stations to have another category in
which they can "win," and are willing to spend the entire 48 hours "in" the
contest, plotting their air times and off times.

Having stations like this unavailable to work for half the contest by all the
lesser mortals in the lower tiers reduces those folks' ability to work them.

Doesn't this reduce the incentive for those of us who are mere commodities to
get on at all?

Hearing from the One Percent is getting tiresome.

K1TN

I don't know about 2014, but I can speak to my own experience doing classic in
2015.
I operated all but 4 hours of the first 24 hours. On the 2nd day, I operated an
hour at 06Z, and 3 hours between 14Z-17Z. That hardly required the entire
weekend to be invested.
I'll be #2 or #3, depending on log checking.

73,
Steve, N2IC