Re: [CQ-Contest] insider tips ?

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] insider tips ?
From: "Bill Mader" <billamader@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2016 10:40:55 -0700
I "taught" at DX University at the Duke City Hamfest.
(http://www.dxuniversity.com/).  The quality of instruction varies.
Interestingly, two of both (without prior planning) mentioned the DX Code of
Conduct.  The most important point mentioned is listening.  That is the
least used tactic in pileups today.

Having been DX (KZ5WA and DA2OI), I can tell you split is essential when the
pileup is big.  I used it a couple of times as W1AW/5 in NM.

I second the use of a panadaptor.  I used my P3 last night to work K5P with
a 35 ft. OCF 80m dipole and 500 Watts.  A little luck helps too.

I hope to work some of you in today's NAQP, perhaps see you at QuartzFest,
and then at Visalia.

73 from NM, Bill, K8TE

Message: 1