Re: [CQ-Contest] [YCCC] Key Clicks in ARRL DX CW

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] [YCCC] Key Clicks in ARRL DX CW
From: John E Bastin <jbastin@sssnet.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2016 17:59:19 -0500
On Feb 22, 2016, at 14:46, George K5KG via CQ-Contest
<cq-contest@contesting.com> wrote:

> Ok, I will name names.  TO7A in FM gets the KEY CLIX AWARD FOR 2016!  He was
> not only massively loud [a good thing], but his clicks were absolutely
> terrible.  At one point, I told him "om bad clix", but he did not respond,
> and continued his run.  TO7A was not the only station with bad key clicks;
> TI5W was another one that I made a note of.  Unfortunately, those were the
> only two stations I noted with bad clicks.  In the future, I will make a list
> of the ones I run across.  They are easy to spot, not only with the ears, but
> with the P3 panadapter.
>
> 73, George, K5KG

My notes on the contest contain two items along this line:

“Buzz on IK7RVY”
His signal reminded me of my early days back in the 60s when we beginners had
code practice kits that were nothing more than a battery-powered buzzer and a
straight key.

“RU1PS 1245z Big Clicks”
This was on 15 meters on Sunday morning.

73,

John K8AJS
jbastin@sssnet.com