Re: [CQ-Contest] The Life of a Moderator

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] The Life of a Moderator
From: "Mike Smith VE9AA" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2016 18:38:22 -0400
John,

You DO know how to make one laugh and bring a little levity to the game.

You only forgot to mention the scenario that if I Canadian were to call CQ
in this vast expanse of super quiet spectrum unused by Americans, if their
radios didn't  produce clix, if they didn't ID at least once a minute would
anyone hear them?

HI !

Mike VE9AA..somewhere in Canada.  Anyone know where NB is?

OK, gents...I thought I would assist you by providing an executive summary

of our recent discussions:

1) Some radios have clix.

2) Some are better than others.

3) Those that use clix to their advantage are evil people.

4) Canadian contesters have unfair spectrum advantage and therefore have

the potential to be evil. If their radios clix while using this added

spectrum (hard to do on SSB), they are indeed evil.

5) Some of you guys are simply laugh out loud hilarious. Others of you, at

times, are well...

I believe that covers it.

Might I suggest we move on to something new so that we don't compromise

U.S. National Security by misusing the Internet?

Thank you.

73, John, K1AR/Co-Moderator (send all moderating complaints to my fellow

co-moderator, K1KI)

PS: For the very tightly wound, please realize the intent of this update.

PPS: For the clueless, ask a friend.

Mike, Coreen & Corey

Keswick Ridge, NB