Re: [CQ-Contest] How much is a dB worth ?

To: cq-contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] How much is a dB worth ?
From: David Siddall <hhamwv@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2016 10:18:58 -0500
I would postulate that the worth of a dB is not linear, but rather, there
is a tipping point.  If Tim was using a beam at 50-70 feet on the high
bands, I think his results would be more in line with those of N1UR.  With
a doublet, the first 6dB got him into barefoot & beam range, and over
general QRM levels.

BTW, Tim, congratulations for the AMAZING scores with that setup.

73, Dave K3ZJ