Re: [CQ-Contest] Little Pistols running (was something else)

To: Art Boyars <artboyars@gmail.com>, CQ-Contest Reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Little Pistols running (was something else)
From: James Rodenkirch <Rodenkirch_LLC@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2016 23:27:58 +0000
Art - based on the myriad replies to K9MA's query re obtaining a run frequency
that I have perused I'll suggest a rearranging of your "answer":

a) stay on the edges of the fray - select "quiet frequencies" and initiate a
"run"

b) when a run has petered out, go S&P
     Note: work the big guns, give the alligators a passing try but don't
expend too much energy

c) repeat a and b for however you can maintain BIC...

Note regarding your "don't bother with SSB".....remember this mantra....
without CW, it's just CB

Note re moving to the east coast (assuming you reside somewhat west of the
Mississippi river).....review your antenna system and make needed changes to
improve efficiency to the west and choose those events where the east coast
isn't favored as much, e.g., QRP CW entry in the Stew Perry 160 contests, NAQP
(perhaps??), the Oceania DX contest, All Asian DX Contest, etc., etc.

Also - choose contests where certificates/plaques are awarded based on like
competition, e.g., at the Division level, etc.

71.5/72 de Jim Rodenkirch K9JWV