Re: [CQ-Contest] Watson vs Miletic

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Watson vs Miletic
From: Marijan Miletic <s56a@bit.si>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 14:44:55 +0100
Doug KR2Q of QRP fame wrote: What I would like to see (Mario, are you
listening?) is mandatory CW software that prevents someone from calling in a
pileup (not contesting) if the DX asks for, say "XZ" only, if their own
callsign contains nothing close to "XZ."

Doug, I wonder if you do that operating QRP?  Or you chase DX with legal power?
 Tail ending?

I learned from RTTY that it is much easier to make QSO with machine decoders
using 100 W.  I also learned that S56A string of dots is difficult to copy.
Z6/S56A almost impossible.  So I assume that majority of operators simply have
problems and repeating my callsign helps.  I know of even worse RX sins like
fast AGC, preamp on 160 m and other tech nonsense.  I am NOT DX-er, only
weekend ham.  QRO used after a long time in ARRL phone as rules do NOT
recognize SB LP.  I was multi-op in ARRL before for using DX Cluster for
quarter of century.

I stopped playing PC chess after IBM AT beat me.  IBM Watson AI work on big
data appreciated.  GO champ beaten by computer.  PSK FEC looked like magic to
diehard CW hams. K1JT solved EME, VE3NEA CW and RTTY.  Change!  Buy IC-7300 –
HI.

LP MMM S56A, N1YU

Sent from Mail for Windows 10