[CQ-Contest] Posture for contests

To: CQ-Contest Reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Posture for contests
From: Charles Harpole <hs0zcw@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2016 11:25:18 +0700
Altho I have a high tech posture chair, Steelcase cost a fortune, this WPX
gave me a sore lower back.

I replicated my listening posture and I had pressed my head forward and
down.... toward the rig... like I was trying to hear and the closer to my
rig, the better.  Of course, that was totally not true because, like a real
ham, I always wear headphones and attached mic.

Regardless, I found that making the effort to hear difficult signals, I had
established a muscle set or strained posture which caused back pain below
the waist but likely starting in the middle of my backbone.  The pain
radiated down my left leg to my foot sometimes.  Of course, the only "cure"
is proper posture all the time and Tylenol.

So, the right chair is a good beginning, but not the only one.  73, Charly

--
Charly, HS0ZCW