[CQ-Contest] Who copies things any more?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Who copies things any more?
From: Jim Stahl via CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2016 08:47:10 -0400
A major congratulations of the CQWW crew for getting out the 2015 CQWW CW (and
SSB) results out in such a timely manner!

My log checking report was a very interesting reflection of the role of
computers in today’s contesting world. I operated QRP from our new winter QTH
in Florida (actually at a waterfront park, not our condo). But to the computer
world, I’m in zone 4, presumably back in Ohio. Out of my 536 valid QSOs, 196
“copied” me in zone 4! An additional six guys who miscopied my call also put me
there.

I expected a lot of such errors, as I could tell from the rhythm of the QSO
that a lot of people had not taken the extra second to type a “5”. But the
number of miscopies, or more precisely non-copies, greatly exceeded
expectations.

I’ll be back in zone 4 in another week, so don’t move me permanently to zone 5.
Just copy what I send !

73  -  Jim    K8MR