[CQ-Contest] GQP Half Time Report

To: cq-contest@contesting.com, secc@contesting.com, sedxc@yahoogroups.com, southeastsprintcoalition@contesting.com, Weesie Laney <weesie0512@att.net>, gcgmail@georgiacontestgroup.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] GQP Half Time Report
From: John Laney <k4bai@att.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2016 08:41:23 -0400
Just a quick reminder that there is still time for fun in this year's Georgia QSO Party. We have a ten-hour session beginning at 1400Z (10 AM EDT) and ending at 2400Z (8 PM) today. Yesterday, despite some feared car trouble and some real antenna problems, KU8E and I, operating as W4AN/M with the driving assistance of Jeff's son, Andrew, made 857 QSOs in 47 mults from 17 western and NW GA counties. Today we will head out to the NE GA counties. We are missing VT, NV, WY, ID, ND, HI, and AK, plus VO, VE1, VE4, VE5, VE6, VE7, VE8.VY1, VY0. We have worked a lot of Europe and are hoping to give out some more new counties to others, including EU today. We have not been on 15M and haven"t heard stations there when we listened. If anyone asks us to go to 15 and we aren't too busy, we may give it a try, but we will have to change the resonator to do that.

Hope everyone will participaate today to the extent possible. Thanks and 73, John, K4BAI.