[CQ-Contest] AEA Morse Machine MM-3

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] AEA Morse Machine MM-3
From: David <BearSFO@PacBell.NET>
Date: Sun, 01 May 2016 23:12:59 -0700

Hi everyone,

I am very fortunate to be able to procure an AEA MM-3. I downloaded the manual and after reading through it, have the following questions:-

1 - how do I update the firmware? From what I understand, the latest version, from 1990, is 12, and when I do *C700 I get a '6'

2 - what is the difference between version 6 and version 12? is it significant enough that I should upgrade, or it would mostly work with version 6?

3 - how can I tell how much memory I have, and how do I go about upgrading it, and from what I can see, some people had upgraded theirs to 128K

I would appreciate if anyone can point me at the right direction regarding these questions.

Thanks & 73
--David