[CQ-Contest] WRTC2018 - Sponsored Teams - Invitation for Applications

To: cq-contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] WRTC2018 - Sponsored Teams - Invitation for Applications
From: "Michael Hoeding, DL6MHW" <dl6mhw@wrtc2018.de>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2016 19:04:41 +0200
The WRTC 2018 Organizing Committee is looking for applications for the first two sponsored teams beginning on June 1st, 2016.

Sponsored teams are a long-standing tradition in WRTC and a substantial part for fundraising. It gives the chance to take part in the WRTC to dedicated contesters who cannot qualify because of serious commitments. As shown in WRTC 2014 sponsored teams do compete with qualified teams on the same level and have reached top placements.

The selection criteria for WRTC 2018, defined in November 2015, list "up to 5 sponsored teams" in section 4. For the first two slots we welcome applications for sponsored teams according to the rules below:

- a short informal description of the sponsored team, e.g. the objectives and the planned OPs,
- an application sent to contact@wrtc2018.de after June 1st, 2016,
- a donation of at least EUR 15,000

After an announcement we will close the application process if there are too many applications. Applications for the remaining three sponsored teams will be accepted after the regular qualification process in 2017.
--

Michael Höding, DL6MHW
Vice-President, Fundraising, PR