Re: [CQ-Contest] why checklog?

To: Jeff Stai <wk6i.jeff@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] why checklog?
From: Tom Haavisto <kamham69@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2016 22:54:56 -0400
A few years ago, an operator worked a CQWW contest, and in an effort to
trim a few seconds off his exchange, he omitted '599' from his exchange.
There was a lot of comments after the fact here on the CQ Contest
reflector, and in the end, he changed his entry to a checklog.

Remembering this, I entered an RTTY contest, but started off using the NAQP
macro which did not have '599' in the macro.  I made about ~100 Q's before
I realized my mistake.  I changed the macro, and finished the contest.
Knowing I had not followed the rules, I submitted my entry as a checklog.

So - mistakes happen.  That way, the contest sponsor can cross-check the
QSO's, but *I* would not be dinged for not following the rules.

Tom - VE3CX

Virus-free.
<#DDB4FAA8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>