Re: [CQ-Contest] sending DX QSLs from US other than via ARRL service

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] sending DX QSLs from US other than via ARRL service
From: Tom Osborne <w7why@frontier.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2016 09:35:24 -0700
I feel the same way, Fritz.  I have been in the ARRL for along time but
some of the things they are pushing now I just don't agree with.

Also to me, the magazine is just not interesting any more.  The only thing
I was interested in was the results from the contests and now those are for
all intents and purposes, gone.  Seems like most of the articles are pretty
much geared towards VHF/UHF stuff.

I switched my subscription to NCJ and am VERY satisfied with that magazine.

Also - with all the crap that is going on on the ham bands now, I just
can't understand why the ARRL does not get more involved.  If you listen to
3840 or 7255 out here on the left coast, there is nothing that is off
limits as far as language is concerned.  The 'F' bomb is dropped all the
time and all sorts of racist comments are made.  I contacted the ARRL about
a year and a half ago and asked about this and they said they were working
'behind the scenes' on this.  Must be WAY behind the scenes as it is still
going on.

As many bills as the ARRL has presented to the FCC, you would think they
could light a fire under the FCC and see if there could be something done
about this.

There is one guy who has had a fine levied against him for $25,000 and he
is on jamming every night, just daring the FCC to do something about it.
His license renewal was 'held up for review for renewal' by the FCC.  That
was back in 2007 and he is still on the air jamming every night.  Sad state
of affairs.  73
Tom W7WHY