Re: [CQ-Contest] Assisted Headphones

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Assisted Headphones
From: VE1DT <emailve1dt@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2016 10:39:57 -0300
This seems to be a solution to a problem that has already been solved, at
least for Ham-Radio DX'ng/Contesting. Of course, I have gone through several
sets of headphones though the years, but by far the most important parameter
for me as a contester is how comfortable they are.

In a sense, I am already using their idea as I now primarily use an el
cheapo wireless/wired set of headphones. For hifi, they sound terrible, but
since I route my radio audio through my computer, it is a simple matter to
use the PC's sound driver software and it's 10 band audio equalizer to
customize the sound the way I am happy with it with different profiles for
different usage cases.

From: Mark <pa5mw@home.nl>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2016 11:20:03 +0200

Very interesting indeed!
It will surely change matters in Hi-Fi music listening.

For optimizing you S/N listening experience in Ham-Radio DX'ng/Contesting
there are also other very relevant parameters involved:

http://pa5mw.blogspot.nl/2013/02/wsa-160m-1.html

73 Mark, PA5MW