Re: Topband: Best way to jury rig a quick 160m contest antenna?

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Best way to jury rig a quick 160m contest antenna?
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2016 22:06:19 -0400
To score well in a contest you need to make efficient use of your time. You
have no 160m antenna and for reasons not mentioned no way to install one.
Using a non resonant antenna may cause damage to the balun, switching
relays, amp, etc. You will make few contacts if any doing this and it will
cost you a lot of time. Your operating time can be better utilized being on
bands where you have efficient antennas.

John KK9A