Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW madness

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW madness
From: Ryan Noguchi via CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2016 02:32:12 +0000 (UTC)
My postings seem to be disappearing into a black hole of apathy too, so I feel
your pain. However, we're talking about a DX contest here, while you're talking
about scoring profiles that flatten out a mere two grid squares away. I'm not
surprised there were few or no responses.
If scoring strictly proportional to distance isn't able to adequately capture
the difficulty of a particular circuit, there are other options. The Volta RTTY
contest defines a lookup table that establishes point values for each pairwise
combination of CQ zones, ranging from 2 points (within the same zone) to 55.
These point values do not appear to be based solely on distance.

73, Ryan AI6DO