[CQ-Contest] CQWW madness

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] CQWW madness
From: Jeff Clarke <ku8e@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2016 10:44:34 -0400
Stan,

Doesn't 4U1UN do that when they get on from NYC? Also, same for VE's working
the US? That almost sounds like a domestic contest to me? Also EU working other
EU on the low bands for the majority of their contacts. Go download the logs
from top 160 meter worldwide score from LY7M and the top EU score on 80 meters
from SM0W. While your at it download the top two 80 meter scores from IH9R
(really Italy but an island barely in AF) and CS2C. I bet in all these cases
the majority of the contacts in their logs are from EU.

I guess this all depends on what your definition of DX is? I can't tell you how
much of a struggle it can be to work EU from PJ4 on 160 and 80 meters because
all the EU stations that are working each other. I basically have to try later
after they have all worked each other or find a clear frequency high in the
band and hope those EU multipliers call me.  We have good antennas on those two
bands too. And BTW those bands are full of EU stations working each other just
like you described in your US example. I'm sure you will discover this once you
have your station setup in ZF.

Plus isn't this the CW "Worldwide" contest. Not really. The scoring scheme and
in some cases who you can contact are different in EU than the US and counties
that border the high population areas like the US and EU. And if you think
about it we in the US really get the raw end of the deal considering this
contest is sponsored by an organization in our country.

Jeff

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Droid