Re: [CQ-Contest] How to start a run

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] How to start a run
From: Steve London <n2icarrl@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2016 07:00:43 -0600
Tim,

In reference to the NAQP that you operated yesterday, this response from Charly does not apply.

The NAQP is a North American, 100 watt maximum contest. In my time yesterday operating on 20 meters, I heard no "extraordinarily loud" stations who were obviously violating the 100 watt rule. If you could not get answers to CQ's, the questions are:

1) What band(s) were you on, and when ? Where in the band did you try ? Were there other NAQP stations on those bands at that time ?
2) What is your antenna on those bands ?
3) Is your transmitted audio properly adjusted ?
4) Have you done real-time, on-the-air comparisons of your signal strength and signal quality with other local contesters that are using comparable power and antennas ?

73,
Steve, N2IC