Re: [CQ-Contest] RM11708 and the Futurer

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] RM11708 and the Futurer
From: "Jeff AC0C" <keepwalking188@ac0c.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2016 15:38:08 -0500
When was the last time where you saw someone in favor of 11708 specifically address the concerns of the anti-11708 group regarding ADS, Winlink, etc? Maybe I have just missed it?

1. I still don't have a crystal clear answer on the ability of a 3rd party to monitor a P4 exchange. How are we supposed to self police?

2. There is no discussion on Winlink's view that the ADS subbands don't actually apply because the guy on the boat end is the control op for a remote station.

3. There is no elaboration as to the effectiveness of the busy-channel stuff.

4. Where are these wide-data codes, and what is the benefit beyond file transfer? And the US is not the only place encoding techniques can be developed - where is the magic bullet that flows from "once we have wide data permission, we can change the world through the use of the XXXXXX codec." As it stands, ONLY the P4 protocol seems to benefit.

If the pro-11708 guys really wanted to gain support for this proposal from the "uninformed masses" (I forget what ZZ's term for guys objecting was...), then they would take time to enumerate specifc counters to these and the other issues that guys in the RTTY community and to an extent the CW community are actually worried about.

Instead, what the 11708 guys are doing is to provide condescending comments about the opposition, to gloss over completely the concerns we have, and to fluff up the great coming prosperity of the digital mode explosion that should follow with adoption of 11708.

73/jeff/ac0c
www.ac0c.com
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie

-----Original Message----- From: Tom Osborne