Re: [CQ-Contest] Re computer switching of beverages

To: "Jack Schuster" <w1wef@att.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Re computer switching of beverages
From: "Jeff AC0C" <keepwalking188@ac0c.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2016 15:48:20 -0500
I don't know about practical or not. It's certainly slick though. I had a setup with a bidirectional beam electrically switched. N1MM set the rotor to the hemisphere indicated based on it's database. Worked great because the beam's F/B was only about 10-15 db so even if the wrong direction was picked I could still hear the caller. Now guys listening to me thought I had some kind of defect on my system because the sig strength kept jumping up and down with each caller into my run.

73/jeff/ac0c
www.ac0c.com
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie

-----Original Message----- From: Jack Schuster