[CQ-Contest] Log what was sent

To: CQ-Contest <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Log what was sent
From: <kzerohb@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2016 04:49:01 +0000
On another online venue a fellow held the opinion that when someone sends an
inaccurate element of the contest exchange (ie., the wrong Zone for his
location in CQWW), that a contest operator should record the correct Zone, NOT
the Zone that was sent to him.

I certainly would query the sender.  For example, if a station in Iowa sent
Zone “7” in CQWW (his IARU zone) instead of Zone “4” (his CQ Zone), but if he
confirmed Zone 7, then I feel that I am obligated to log what he sent.

After all, isn’t contesting all about our skill at accurately copying and
precisely logging  what was sent to us?

If that isn’t true, then why not just exchange callsigns and let our computers
fill in the blanks?

“What year was I licensed in?  Damn, I forgot again.  I’ll make up a number and
you never mind what I sent, just let N1MM  fill in the blank.”

73, de Hans, KØHB
"Just a boy and his radio"™