Re: [CQ-Contest] RDXC Entry Reclassified to High Power

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] RDXC Entry Reclassified to High Power
From: Pete Smith N4ZR <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2016 11:16:12 -0400
Just filling in one bit of info - the RBN-based "evidence" received from the RDXC did not compare signal reports among multiple RBN nodes, which would have been meaningless for all the reasons Mike enumerated. They used the Signal Analysis Tool, which limits each comparison to a single RBN node.

Even doing same-node comparisons would require knowledge of the dozen-plus variables that can affect the reported SNR at any given moment. N2QT identified one of the most important and disruptive ones - a much stronger calling station in near zero-beat, but there are a variety of others. Using these data to assert that Bob was using high power "for 5 or 10 minutes" now and then is simply absurd.

73, Pete N4ZR
Download the new N1MM Logger+ at
<http://N1MM.hamdocs.com>. Check
out the Reverse Beacon Network at