Re: [CQ-Contest] K8PO SK

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] K8PO SK
From: "Mike Smith VE9AA" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2016 10:51:58 -0300
Scott,

Sorry to hear of Paul's passing.  I did not know him, but being nearly
"right next door" ~175miles away , I would often would work him (or someone
operating there) on the low bands.

I'll miss that big signal from a Maine neighbour.

RIP Paul,

Mike VE9AA "NB"

Paul Obert, K8PO, passed yesterday.

After a long run of cancer remission and despite a brief ray of hope in

early September he had continued downward the last few weeks until a

mercifully peaceful passing.

I'd gotten to know Paul well in the last few years as a guest operator at

his Maine station.  He was a true gentleman, thoughtful and of high

integrity.  In many ways he was a man without guile.  He was a perfectionist

in the quantitative areas of life - engineering a superb station - while

gracious, generous and unassuming in the personal realm.  He was quick to

praise others and recognize their skills.

He will be deeply missed.

Scott, K0DQ

Mike, Coreen & Corey

Keswick Ridge, NB