[CQ-Contest] Working Cuba from FL

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Working Cuba from FL
From: Jeff Clarke <ku8ejeff@mediacombb.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2016 15:10:18 -0400

We have that same problem in GA but probably not as bad as FL. We can usually work CO, VP5, ZF and C6A on 40 meters. 20 meters and up can sometimes be a problem. On 160 and 80 most of the Caribbean is pretty loud. Even louder than most of the US outside of the southeast. I have worked CO stations before in a 160 contest a couple hours after our sunrise. Just about every year I work stations in ZF at the beginning of a 160 contest that are 20 over S9 but they can't get the attention of anyone north of me.

Jeff

---